[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
This is a contract temporary position; phase I of this project is expected to last through the end of December, 2021. The selected candidate will be able to work remotely from home.
Leads and manages complex and new capital Plant projects associated with high visibility and URENCO global initiatives. Plans, executes, controls, and facilitates the turnover of projects to Operations consisting of design,- procurement, and installation in support of continued facility operation. Project activities range in total value from several tens of thousands up to several million dollars. Implements assigned projects through a matrix reporting relationship with affected organizations to include, but not limited to Operations, Plant Engineering, Maintenance, Operations Support, and Procurement.
• Provides oversight for key complex projects and manages overall responsibility for project performance (cost, schedule, and scope) and provides timely updates to the Plant Project Group; stakeholders and senior management.
• Evaluates new scopes of work, including the development of cost and schedule estimates. Work with project stakeholders to develop the User and Technical requirements specification.
• Manage and control project planning, scheduling, costs, risk, scope change and execution through a support team of matrix staff from other functional organizations.
• Develop project management plans and associated plans through which to monitor and control project performance.
• Develop, manage, and execute project schedule to meet the needs of the site and or external customer/stakeholder.
• Maintain knowledge of URENCO USA policies, procedures, and organizational roles and responsibilities.
• Coordinate the project through turnover of completed facilities and systems to Operations for start-up and operation.
• Work with project stakeholders to create an effective problem solving team.
• Ensure that contracts conform to the procurement standards and applies sound negotiations in interpreting and executing contract agreements of assigned projects.
• Remains abreast of URENCO Global project initiatives assigned to UUSA Plant Project Group and ensures projects are meeting required schedule and budgetary requirements
• Ensure all processes and procedures are aligned with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 (as applicable) quality management system requirements.
• Other Duties as assigned.
This position requires, at a minimum, a PMP certification, and a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution preferably in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Construction Management, or other related technical field and five years of related work experience in Project Management, construction and/or a site modifications group at a nuclear power, nuclear fuel cycle or chemical processing facility with at least three of those years being in Project Management role. Seven years of relevant experience with at least five of those years being in a project management role is preferred.
The duties and responsibilities listed above do not reflect the position description in full and in complete detail.
URENCO USA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. URENCO USA encourages minorities, females, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply. UUSA supports a drug free workplace.
Empyrean is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.