[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our client is well regarded government contractor partnering with various DOE sites throughout the country, especially in the Southwest. They specialize in Nuclear industry including the energy and defense sectors. The client is a small business that continues to rapidly expand while championing honesty, integrity, safety, and security above all else.
We are helping them to source Senior and Leadership project controls team members – specifically skilled in scheduling, planning and cost estimation for approximately 6 different current projects. The projects range in size and scope from enterprise construction projects related to nuclear, through weapons technology to environmental or health or security affairs.
About the roles: These senior level positions lead groups performing schedule development, maintenance and monitoring activities. Also, your group will perform cost estimating, analysis, and cost control activities. You will help your more junior team members to prepare and review the preparation and presentation of cost engineering and planning activities.
The overall group supports project or program organizational and administrative activities therefore you must have deep experience in these skills and be able to mentor and lead teams to success in order to ensure work is completed as scheduled and as budgeted.
This position requires strong in-depth knowledge of project controls from the perspective of leadership or mentoring, you need a high degree of technical skilled experience, and proven ability to develop and implement policies that support project controls objectives. You do not need to have managed a large team but you should have a depth of experience that would allow you to mentor and lead less experienced team members.
About your background:
• You have experience developing a resource loaded and leveled baseline schedule while analyzing critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend solutions to reduce schedule slippage while ensuring that all activities are properly integrated into the base schedule using critical path methodology (Utilization of Primavera P6)
• You have expertise performing 'what if' scenarios to identify potential delays and maximize schedule compliance.
• You have experience implementing and overseeing an Integrated Master Plan (IMP), including an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), by applying the principles of project management to large, complex, inter-related project schedules and conducting schedule analysis
• You have experience with successful implementation and maintenance of an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and experience in cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, financial reporting systems, and cost and variance analysis.
• You have some experience building and leading a motivated team while working to cultivate a successful team culture.
• Q Clearance
• Experience in working on projects or programs throughout all phases: Initiation, Planning, Execution, and Closeout.
• Advanced experience of using the scheduling tool Primavera P6.
• Experience of using the cost processor Deltek Cobra.
• Knowledge of using the EVMS analysis and reporting tool Encore Analytics Empower.
• Experience with successful implementation and maintenance of rigorous EVMS principles and techniques that complies with EIA-748 in U.S. Government facilities, programs, and/or projects.
• Experience working with the Department of Energy (DOE) at headquarters or field office level, or with state and federal regulators is preferred.
If you are interested and wish to be considered, please send an up-to-date resume and your contact details to email@example.com and we will reach out to schedule a call.