[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NEC has an immediate need for the following:
IV & V Technical Writer (Job No. 41-090320-01)
*****THIS IS A SHORT TERM CONTRACT POSITION ANTICIPATED TO LAST THROUGH THE END OF 2020. ALL WORK WILL BE PERFORMED REMOTELY.*****
POSITION SUMMARY: The Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) Technical Writer performs project specific activities such as analysis, evaluation, and document development. Reporting to the IV&V Manager, the IV&V Technical Writer works daily with team members to gather requirements, develop systems level documents and perform reviews within timelines necessary to adhere to the overall project schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. IV&V Technical Writer coordinates with the configuration engineers, design engineers, and software system engineers to ensure that Client system level documents are developed accordance to Client plans and procedures.
2. The IV&V Technical Writer will be expected to independently coordinate and solicit multiple customers and stakeholder input.
3. The IV&V Technical Writer will be expected to have strong technical writing abilities and be able to completely develop and/or review system level plans, requirements, design and test documents within a configuration managed environment.
4. The IV&V Technical Writer need to read, understand and implement document templates, style guides and programmatic controls.
5. The IV&V Technical Writer ensures that system level documents are evaluated/reviewed via workflows as required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in engineering or other technical discipline is preferred.
Experience: Experience in the following areas required:
o A minimum of five years of experience documenting and developing stakeholder and business needs into requirement specifications.
o Experience in the development lifecycle of digital systems.
o Experience in stakeholder needs derivation
o Experience in requirements engineering
o Experience with Systems Engineering principles
An understanding of IBM Rational Tools such as DOORs Next Generation, Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel is required.
Understanding of system, software, and hardware engineering concepts, principles, and theories. Working knowledge of Systems Engineering, Tool Qualification and other product life cycle is required.
Experience with IEC 29148 and IEC 15288 is preferred.
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines. Prefer 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 2008/2009 is preferred.
For the most efficient processing, browsing of all open positions, and the ability to update your resume, please apply via NECs new Online Candidate Portal, which can be accessed using the link below. For simple general resume submission, email resumes in word format to Nuclear Energy Consultants, Inc. at email@example.com.
Thank you for considering NEC.