home >> nuclear >> job board >> post

*^*^*RadCon Technician*^*^*

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

***Looking to fill RadCon Technician Positions for WIPP in Carlsbad, NM***

The RadCon Technician shall perform a wide variety of complex radiological assignments to minimize personnel exposures to radiological hazards and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and procedures; shall perform radiological surveys and complete documentation for receipt, processing and emplacement of contact-handled and remote-handled waste when assigned by the Cognizant Manager or designee; and shall perform similar and related duties as assigned. The RadCon Technician shall use respirators, as required.

Education
A High School Diploma or GED is required.

Experience
One year nuclear operations experience is required.

Other Requirements
Current DOE RCT Core is REQUIRED. A pre-employment physical is required that demonstrates ability to perform in underground/mine working conditions. Personnel shall be required to complete and maintain training and qualifications for respirator use.

Work Schedule
Non-Exempt Subcontractor Work Schedule
For the non-exempt RadCon Personnel, the following work schedule applies;
RadCon personnel may work one of the following work schedules. Subcontractor employees will be assigned to support schedules as needed.

The 4x10 work schedule is as follows:
This schedule will be four (4) consecutive days either Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday. Subcontractor employees will be scheduled for ten (10) hours with a thirty (30) minute paid lunch. Normal start time will be 6:00 a.m. (1st shift) or 3:30 p.m. (2nd shift). The 4/10 back shift will be Monday-Thursday. The work week will begin Monday at 6:00 am and ends seven (7) days later.
The 7x10 work schedule is as follows;
The schedule is either Monday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Friday with every other weekend worked. Scheduled days off alternate between two (2) and four (4) consecutive days off with a four cycle spanning the traditional weekend with a 30 minute paid lunch period. The release time will be 10 hours after the start of a shift. Normal start times will be 6:00 am (1st shift) and 3:30 pm (2nd shift). The work week begins on Sunday at 6:00 am and ends 7 days later. Overtime is paid for any hours worked in excess of forty (40) during the work week.
The 7/10 A Schedule will be off Thursday-Friday and every other weekend.
The 7/10 B Schedule will be off Monday-Tuesday and every other weekend.

Exempt Subcontractor Work Schedule
The activities will be done on 7/10 day shifts. For Friday coverage, there will be two 4/10 schedules, Monday-Thursday and Tuesday-Friday. Day shift hours will be 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

All RadCon personnel should be qualified to ANSI 3.1 or have a current DOE Core card.
Able to lift and carry 35 pound for job assignments
Able to climb a minimum of four story of stairs (e.g., Station A and the 2nd Floor ventilation room above the CH Bay at WIPP)
Able to traverse uneven ground (e.g., the mine floor heaves can be anywhere from 6 to 2 or more)
Able to use a scaling bar with (both hands) in various positions and angles in a thrusting manner to sound the Rib (side walls) and the Back (roof) of the mine
** Weight of Scaling Bars
**10 - 22.5 lbs. with additional 1.5 lbs. scaling head
**13 - 29.25 lbs. with additional 1.5 lbs. scaling head
Able to work in the normal aspects of the mine, i.e.,
** Dusty environment,
** Work in low light environment using Miner Cap Lamp
* Able to enter and exit the mine on the Conveyance Cage to the Underground at 2180 below Surface
**Salt Conveyance approx. 6 X 5
**Waste Conveyance approx. 15 X 15
* Work in the Heat and Humidity of the Underground wearing a respirator and Anti-C clothing for up to 4 hours

Please submit your resume for review, or contact our office for more details.

Thank you,
Melanie Lirley
Senior Recruiter
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc.
803-648-7171
melanie.lirley@psg.us.com

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.