[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Nuclear Operations Manager
Exempt. This position is responsible for overseeing the materials handling in the nuclear waste segment of Perma-Fix of Florida, (PFF) Inc.
• Coordinate with site support personnel for maintenance, radiation safety and health and safety related activities.
• Develop procedures in support of processing operations in the nuclear business segment.
• Provide and/or coordinate personnel training as required
• Oversee radioactive and mixed waste processing and inventory control activities
• Adherence to all associated regulatory and facility site requirements
• Review and prepare all nuclear related operational assignments work orders and departmental reports.
• Works in conjunction with Manager, Technical Services (MTS) on activities requiring guidance or development with chemistry driven process, treatment and waste sampling activities.
• Enforces safety practices including use of forklifts, personal protective equipment, good housekeeping techniques, tools, etc. to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
• Participate in audits of the Perma-Fix of Florida, Inc. facility by regulatory agencies and PFF customers, as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Field/facility work required where there is potential for exposure to radiation, noise, dust and hot and cold temperatures. Climbing, walking and lifting may be normal daily requirements. May involve dangerous working conditions and long, irregular hours; may be regularly exposed to hazardous materials and chemicals, and may be required to stand and lift moderately heavy items for extended periods of time while performing supervisory functions.
• High school graduate or equivalent (college, vocational or job training in a technical field preferred).
• 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper Certification with current 8-hr refresher.
• 16-hour radiation safety training with current 4-hour refresher.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Personality conducive to teamwork.
• Ability to follow written and oral directives.
• Facility equipment admin level training
• Facility quality assurance program operations level training
• Annual respirator fit test qualified and ability to function in all levels of personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Displays professionalism.
• Ability to multitask.
• Capacity to apply analytical evaluations to assigned work.
• Sit down, Counter-Balanced Lift Truck operator's license.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years' experience in the processing of Radiological and Mixed Wastes.