[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Civil Structural Engineer 2 (1 Junior Position) with the following qualifications:
*****THIS IS A JUNIOR LEVEL CONTRACT POSSIBILITY OF BEING FULL-TIME REMOTE. ANTICIPATED DURATION IS 12 MONTHS OR LONGER*****
Applies technical knowledge, insight, reasoning, and decision making to perform civil structural analyses of Nuclear Safety-Related and Non-Safety-Related SSCs. Candidates should possess a strong analytical background, and be proficient in finite element analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Uses structural engineering tools and implements appropriate standards to analyze, and review Nuclear Safety-Related and Non-Safety-Related SSCs including structural analyses.
2. Interacts with other disciplines and structural engineering consultants in an effort to allow effective coordination of design activities and resolution of technical problems. Individuals should be interested in acquiring general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields in order to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
3. Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
4. Performs other duties as assigned
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately.
Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization.
Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
A minimum of a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited school is required. An advanced degree in Mechanical or Nuclear Engineering along with 2+ years of directly applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of a Civil Engineering degree. A registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT) is preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of full-time nuclear/non-nuclear experience as a Structural Design Engineer, Advance degree may offset some years of experience. Additional required experience in the following areas:
* Design and analysis of structures, including concrete and steel, use of design software and finite element method analyses.
* Concrete, steel, and foundation structural design and analysis.
* Use of typical office software.
* Finite element analysis software (e.g. ANSYS, SAP2000) and computer programing skills (e.g. Matlab, or Python) is not required, but preferred.
Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
* Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
* The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
* Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.
Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees in this classification.
Estimated duration: Award for 12 months, maybe extended by client
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.