[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are looking for a qualified Nuclear Procedure Writer for exciting multi-year contract to support decommissioning requirements with one of our key customers. As the Procedure Writer, you will serve as the Operational Procedures and Maintenance SME for your respective area. The primary purpose of the Procedure Writer is the development of the operations and maintenance procedures and specifically developed for inactive and active commissioning activities to demonstrate that the equipment can be operated safely and can perform its required function. In this position, you will report directly Operations and Maintenance Manager for the Program Management Office in Ontario. Procedure development and validation are to be conducted in accordance with commissioning requirements specified in Management System Requirements for Nuclear Facilities, N286-12 (R2017) and as specified under the company's program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or 10+ years of technical nuclear experience in the develop of programs and procedures for manufactured equipment
- A minimum 5- years' experience in the nuclear decommissioning or nuclear power plants or large industry where specialized equipment is in use
- Ability to perform a procedure needs assessment, understanding and applying subsystem component details that need procedures, and developing procedure scope and objectives.
- Ability to articulate design parameters into operational procedures and provide operational oversight to ensure equipment is operated and maintained within those parameters.
- Ability to validate procedures against scope, safety requirements, field equipment, working environment, activities, and objectives.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to pass required nuclear security screening requirements.
- Must have a valid driver's license, and passport.
- Must be able to travel internationally, via air and car for extended periods of time
- Canadian Citizen
- Equipment design and/or fabrication experience
- Radioactive waste handling equipment with remote operated equipment.
- Project engineering or system engineering
- Knowledge of Canadian regulation and standards and First of a Kind Equipment (FOAKE) applications preferred
- Practical and some fundamental knowledge of engineering application to robotic and automation systems, and techniques and applications in field of nuclear material management
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy's Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.