[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and US Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a PROJECT CONTROLS ENGINEER with the following qualifications:
Roles and Responsibilities:
Non-Deployed Estimating & Validation Support (E&VS) is responsible for supporting cost engineering activities and providing technical and programmatic direction to matrixed PCs' Estimating personnel. E&VS reports to and receives operational guidance from the Manager of Project Controls and his/her Deputy and performs departmental, organizational and administrative activities as directed.
1. Provides day-to-day oversight of programmatic cost estimating activities.
2. Provides support to UCOR PCs' personnel and management on cost estimating related issues.
3. Provides programmatic guidance and direction on all cost estimating initiatives.
4. Implements UCOR's Integrated Safety Management System through the use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in the planning and execution of work.
1. Performs functional cost engineering audits of all Life Cycle Baseline subprojects (includes the WBS Dictionary, Basis of Estimate, cost estimate, estimate backup documentation and project schedule).
2. Develops and maintain all Cost Estimating Procedures, DTIs, and LCB Guidance.
3. Interprets DOE Cost Estimating objectives, orders and standards, and recommends implementation strategies as required.
4. Facilitates all external LCB reviews and audits by the DOE Environmental Liabilities Auditors and Budget Validators.
5. Supports UCOR cost proposal activities through the reviews for adequacy of cost and scope definition, prior to issuance to DOE.
6. Prepares, coordinates and directs cost engineering presentations to UCOR and DOE management as required.
7. Maintains the UCOR Unit Pricing Guide database and the Cost Estimating models.
8. Provides guidance to Project Managers and Project Team members on all Cost Estimating issues as needed.
9. Participates in the development and implementation of on-the-job training on the UCOR Cost Estimating system as needed.
• Bachelor degree in engineering, business, science, or any appropriate field.
• Eight years engineering or project controls related experience. In-depth knowledge of project controls and cost engineering processes. Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelor degree.
Period of Performance:
Award – 07/31/2021
FULL TIME, 40 hrs. /wk.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at: https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.