[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are looking for a qualified Nuclear Start-Up Engineer (SE) for exciting multi-year contract to support decommissioning requirements with one of our key customers. As a Start-Up Engineer, there will be a need for you to provide specific systems recommendations as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the project life cycle. The primary purpose of the SE is to provide dedicated engineering, planning, maintenance, and operational support for the respective piece of nuclear equipment. It is intended for the assigned SE to follow the respective system through its life cycle (final design, fabrication, testing, commissioning, set up, and operation) both off site in the Toronto Project Management Office (PMO) and at the client site. The SE will report to the Commissioning and Operations Manager. Commissioning activities are to be conducted in accordance with commissioning requirements specified in Management System Requirements for Nuclear Facilities, N286-12 (R2017) and as specified by the client's program.
The services are required over two-year period in the Toronto area where fabrication and commissioning are performed followed by the possibility of up to a three-year assignment.
Functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Review, approve and accept the detailed Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and Verification Plan for fabricating and testing the equipment prior to the start of fabrication.
· Reviewing and accepting the Inspection and Test Report on the fabrication and the ISOT test including the selection of the most appropriate operating parameters.
· Ensures all system, structure and component redundancy are subjected to the same testing as the original equipment unless otherwise agreed to by Client's Design Authority.
· Develop the Commissioning Test Results (CTR) records per Client's Standard: Commissioning Quality Assurance Requirements for Technical Scope of Work Documents.
· Perform engineering analysis, identify problems and propose operational solutions to tasks that are partially defined and moderately complex in nature, requiring knowledge and experience within given disciplines.
· Responsible to observe and participate in the final equipment design, fabrication, testing, and operation both off site at fabrication location and at the client site.
· Responsible to develop commissioning plans for offsite and onsite commissioning and set up once on the client site. Ensure proper controls in place and document supporting evaluations and analyses.
· The SE will serve as the Work Planner, Operational Procedures and Maintenance SME for their respective client System.
· Function as a Client's Engineering Representative while at the fabrication facilities.
o Responsible to report on design related issues, as well as design and fabrication issues that require resolution.
o Responsible to document progress to the Client's Management team on general status, issues, resolutions, and other required items throughout the fabrication process.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in engineering and ideally with an Engineering license (Canada or US).
· 5+ Years' experience in the nuclear decommissioning, commercial nuclear power plants or large industry where specialized equipment is in use.
· Prior experience with mechanical equipment design and/or fabrication.
· Proficient with AutoCAD and/or Solid Works as well as Microsoft Office applications.
· Must be able to pass required nuclear security screening requirements.
· Must have a valid driver's license, and passport.
· Must be able to travel internationally, via air and car for extended periods of time
Preference will be given to those with the following experience:
· Experience with radioactive waste handling equipment, and remote operated equipment.
· Startup engineering experience.
· Experience taking design parameters and translating them into operational procedures with operational oversight to ensure equipment is operated and maintained within those parameters.