[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for 4 Procurement Electrical/Mechanical CGD Engineer with the following qualifications:
PROCUREMENT ENGINEER; PROCUREMENT AND ELECTRICAL/MECHANICAL COMMERCIAL GRADE DEDICATION (CGD)
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Provide engineering staff augment support to the SRNS Engineering Technical Services (ETS) Material Acquisition Engineering (MAE) organization.
* Creating high quality, technically accurate and thorough CGD packages; Conduct CGD technical evaluations, peer reviews and package approvals;
* Perform Level 1 and 2 procurement requisition technical and quality evaluations; Assist with procurement process from point of acquisition initiation to end user delivery;
* Interpreting and applying Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) references; Determining and confirming equipment/component safety function;
* Identifying equipment/component performance requirements;
* Confirming functional classification and service conditions;
* Determine and document replacement item Like-for-Like, Equivalency or New; Perform Failure Mode/Mechanism and Effect Analysis (FMEA);
* Identify and document component Technical Requirements, Critical Characteristics (CCs) and Acceptance Requirements; Identify dedication method(s) for verification of acceptance criteria; *
Perform CGD and Procurement document review, comment, comment resolution and approval process;
* Provide peer and junior engineer mentoring, feedback and development;
* Conduct CGD peer reviews providing confirmation of technical quality determinations, validating attention to detail, verifying requirement and procedure compliance, and meeting management defined expectations.
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil or Nuclear Engineering and five (5) years DOE, DOD or NRC nuclear CGD and Procurement experience.
Will consider HS Diploma and ten (10) years DOE, DOD or NRC nuclear Procurement and CGD experience as an equivalent to the education requirements.
Candidate shall demonstrate five (5) or ten (10) years DOE, DOD or NRC nuclear Procurement and CGD experience commensurate with education criteria. Candidate shall demonstrate the ability to Qualify as an Electrical/Mechanical Procurement Engineer and Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD) Subject Matter Expert (SME).
Engineer shall demonstrate proficiency in:
* Developing CGD packages;
* Component procurement processes;
* NQA-1-2008, Addenda NQA-1a-2009 CGD requirements;
* 10 CFR 830; DOE, DOD or NRC CGD and Procurement requirements and guidelines, and Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) guides.
Candidate shall be able to perform field walk-downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed. These walk-downs may involve construction sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for distances over a half mile, climbing ladders to access remote areas, dressing out in protective clothing and environments where a respirator is required.
Candidate must demonstrate the following:
• Proficiency, experience and knowledge with procurement acquisition processes and CGD packages.
• Ability to effectively work in partnership with peers, Design Authority Engineers, Facility Engineering, Procurement, Quality Assurance and Test organizations.
• Ability to communicate clear, concise and accurate reports, evaluations, documents, procedures, reviews, comment resolutions, email and oral presentations.
• Ability to provide peer and junior engineer mentoring, feedback and development.
• Ability to coordinate, interface and communicate with management, engineering, facility, operations, quality assurance and test personnel.
• Experience with computers and software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has an unpaid 30-minute lunch break. Extended work hours and workdays are to be expected with this assignment.
Area Security Access:
An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate, may be required to apply for a DOE clearance. Supplier shall possess an active “Verification of FOCI” that includes the candidate being submitted for this position.
Estimated duration: Award date for 12 months
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.