[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Project Engineer
• 20 or more year’s professional experience including Construction Engineering, Project Engineering, and Project Management in the Nuclear Industry
• Engineering experience at both construction projects and operating nuclear facilities
• Project Engineering experience with both large and smaller projects
• Knowledge and experience with delivery of engineering basis documents and detailed engineering specifications and drawings, including the full range of documents for equipment procurements.
• Demonstrated experience leading and managing a large engineering workforce, including matrixed resources or Architect Engineering firms.
General duties for a Senior Project Engineer may include:
• Promote a nuclear safety culture; personally, exhibits safe behaviors; understands safety requirements and ensures their incorporation into project plans
• Develop project scope
• Perform project planning
• Prepare cost estimates
• Develop schedules related to projects assigned
• Assist Project Engineering Manager with maintaining project schedule by monitoring schedule progresses, coordinating engineering activities to support the schedule, identifying issues to management and recommending actions; actively participates in problem solving
• Assist the Project Engineering Manager in controlling project costs by identifying any potential changes to scope, schedule, or cost; evaluates changes and recommends actions to mitigate impacts; reviews proposed changes for adherence to project plan requirements; and, seeks management’s approval before implementing changes
• Assist the Project Engineering Manager with maintaining a high level of quality by adherence to procedures
• Confirm project deliverables meet requirements through design review, testing and inspection
• Maintain project records and data
• Represent project team at meetings and in interfacing with other organizations
• Experience with DOE, and commercial nuclear industries are desired.
• Bachelor of Science in engineering, bachelor’s in engineering, or Bachelor of Science, in a related engineering discipline.
• Experience with Nuclear Quality Assurance programs and Configuration
• Management programs.
• Experience with field walkdowns for design efforts.
Empyrean is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.