[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Level 3 Start-Up Engineer for our customer in Carlsbad, NM for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP).
Per diem is available for those who qualify
• The successful candidate will serve as a lead test engineer, providing assistance to other startup engineers, as required for coordinating, scheduling, writing, and performing startup testing on the Safety Significant Confinement Ventilation System (SSCVS), and other site Structure, Systems, and Components (SSC’s).
• Manage the execution of Start-up Testing on all of the SSC’s including Instrumentation, Fans, Dampers, PLC’s, Control Panels, Control Systems, Piping, Pumps, Battery Racks, UPS, Generators, Transformers, Load Centers and Distribution Panels, Breakers, Motors, Ventilation Systems, Compressors, Cranes and Hoists, for these different pieces of Equipment.
• Serve as an independent verification, ensuring testing methods and acceptance criteria meet applicable codes and procedures.
• Assist in turnover of SSC’s to Operations group.
• Back/Night Shift and Weekend work will be required.
• Planning/supervising inspection, examination, testing activity including evaluating the validity of inspection/test results/activities.
• Writing procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required to coordinate with Projects, Work Control, Maintenance, Operations, Safety, and other organizations required to carry out start-up tests.
• Ability to read electrical, P&ID, and mechanical prints.
• As a Level 3 engineer, the employee will certify/qualify Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 start-up test engineers.
• The WIPP Site is an industrial site with requirements to walk on uneven surfaces and potential exposure to outdoor elements.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.