[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Project Controls Engineer
Bachelorís degree in engineering, business, science, or any appropriate field
Eight years engineering or project controls related experience. In-depth knowledge of project controls and
cost engineering processes. Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelorís degree.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Non-Deployed Estimating & Validation Support (E&VS) is responsible for supporting cost engineering activities and providing technical and programmatic direction to matrixed PCs' Estimating personnel. E&VS reports to and receives operational guidance from the Manager of Project Controls and his/her Deputy and performs departmental, organizational and administrative activities as directed.
1. Provides day-to-day oversight of programmatic cost estimating activities.
2. Provides support to Project Controls personnel and management on cost estimating related issues.
3. Provides programmatic guidance and direction on all cost estimating initiatives.
4. Implements the Integrated Safety Management System through the use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in the planning and execution of work.
1. Performs functional cost engineering audits of all Life Cycle Baseline subprojects (includes the WBS Dictionary, Basis of Estimate, cost estimate, estimate backup documentation and project schedule).
2. Develops and maintain all Cost Estimating Procedures, DTIs, and LCB Guidance.
3. Interprets DOE Cost Estimating objectives, orders and standards, and recommends implementation strategies as required.
4. Facilitates all external LCB reviews and audits by the DOE Environmental Liabilities Auditors and Budget Validators.
5. Supports UCOR cost proposal activities through the reviews for adequacy of cost and scope definition, prior to issuance to DOE.
6. Prepares, coordinates and directs cost engineering presentations to UCOR and DOE management as required.
7. Maintains the UCOR Unit Pricing Guide database and the Cost Estimating models.
8. Provides guidance to Project Managers and Project Team members on all Cost Estimating issues as needed.
9. Participates in the development and implementation of on-the-job training on the UCOR Cost Estimating system as needed.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.