[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Project Engineer/Engineering Specialist opportunity for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN. No travel/per diem available. Ability to obtain Q-Clearance required
Job Grade level 25-29
UCOR works a standard 4/10 schedule, Monday through Thursday unless otherwise specified by Management.
Education: Bachelor degree in engineering
Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience in engineering related work; experience in supervising engineering work; minimum of 5 years experience with DOE related work; 2 years nuclear related work
• Professional Engineer License a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline.
• 7+ years of relevant experience required
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance.
• Previous experience at DOE Environmental Management, DOE Office of Science, NNSA, DOD, U.S. Navy, and/or commercial nuclear power facilities preferred
• Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software
• Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned engineering projects; Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, performance standards and specifications.
• Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
• Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
• Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in preparing and reviewing detailed calculations, reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by craft personnel
• Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades
• Interface with their functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Verify that adequate functional resources are available and provided to accomplish work scope.
• Conduct management assessments and other appropriate oversight of the engineering and technical functions for their project.
• Provide performance input to the functional organization for technical individuals on their project.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website:
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TOP NOTCH BENEFITS
A comprehensive benefits package is available and can be structured to best suit your needs. Benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.