[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking qualified candidates for Civil Engineer opportunities for our customer in Carlsbad, NM for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP).
• DOE experience preferred.
• Sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
• Able to work well in the field and take ownership of assigned system equipment mechanical and electrical control systems.
• Able to work with groups to provide overlapping support to other engineers while possibly working on several assigned tasks.
• Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing.
• Able to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of control systems, interfaces with other electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
• Able to work in an industrial and construction site environment including walking over uneven surfaces, in the underground mine, and over long distances with periods of standing.
General: 10 years of experience in design, systems, or programs engineering related to their discipline. Personnel with 6-9 years’ experience will also be considered if individual has basic engineering skills and education and engineering application experience. PE license preferred.
Education requirements: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil) or Bachelor of Science in related engineering discipline with work experience in civil engineering. A Bachelor’s degree in related field with an emphasis in specialty areas is preferred. On a case-by-case basis, the NWP Engineering Manager may accept a Subcontractor based on experience in lieu of the education requirements.
Knowledge shall include an understanding of engineering principles, theories, and concepts and microcomputer applications; ability to deliver oral presentations to convey technical findings and recommendations; ability to write clear, concise, and organized memos and reports.
Duties may include:
Assume responsibility for completion of detail phases of assigned projects under direction of project/and cognizant engineering; provide detailed solutions to assigned engineering problems; make engineering and design calculations applying basic engineering principles, theories and concepts; prepare technical reports and other technical documents such as procedures and operation and maintenance manuals; prepare cost estimates related to assigned technical projects; prepare engineered work packages under supervision for construction or modification of equipment and facilities; analyze specific equipment or system failures of limited scope and recommend repairs, modifications, or appropriate corrective actions through application of basic engineering principles; provide general functional requirements to perform basic design of new equipment/systems or modification of existing equipment/systems; provide engineering support to other groups; make technical presentations.
For immediate consideration, please submit resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a drug-free work environment.