[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Consulting Engineer and Senior Consulting Engineer
• DOE experience preferred.
• Sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
• Able to work well in the field and take ownership of assigned system equipment mechanical and electrical control systems.
• Able to work with groups to provide overlapping support to other engineers while possibly working on several assigned tasks.
• Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing.
• Able to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of control systems, interfaces with other electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
• Able to work in an industrial and construction site environment including walking over uneven surfaces, in the underground mine, and over long distances with periods of standing.
These position require an accumulated combination of several of the following experiences and degrees: has a PE license, or MS, or PhD, or Post PhD studies in engineering, and/or extended technical and leadership experiences in three or more departments (e.g., Operations, Maintenance, Radiation Protection, Quality Assurance), and/or has demonstrated significant leadership ability while serving as an senior engineer or lower, as well as in roles outside of engineering, and/or is wide respected in the industry as demonstrated through multiple leadership positions in multiple companies, and/or wide distributed and referenced papers written and presented at technical conferences, and/or served on code committee at the national level for multiple years, and/or has served as a chief engineer in a company of more than 500 employees, and/or other roles.
For the positions of Consulting Engineer and Senior Consulting Engineer the minimum requirements above that must be fulfilled are: (To meet many or all of the requirements noted above simultaneously but as a minimum) an MS degree in engineering reduces the minimum total experience required by 2 years and a PhD reduces the total experience required by three years, required experiences in multiple (at least two extended job experiences outside of engineering and at least two in engineering) departments two or more of which should have been in designated leadership positions, one of more of those positions should have been as a chief engineer for a major technical department or as an executive outside of engineering. A minimum of 20 years of experience for the Consulting Engineer is required
Consulting Engineer: A minimum of 20 years of experience is required
Senior Consulting Engineer: A minimum of 24 years of experience, and an assignment as a chief engineer, or as a senior engineering manager is required. Experience in executive assignments in two or more roles outside of engineering (extended service as a member on a code committee or code subcommittee or presentation of a long series of technical papers at national conferences over a period of years, either one or some national level technical activity similar to either of these two, could substitute for one of the leadership positions inside or outside of engineering).
For immediate consideration, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a drug-free work environment.