[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking qualified candidates for Electrical Engineer opportunities for our customer in Carlsbad, NM for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP).
• DOE experience preferred.
• Sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
• Able to work well in the field and take ownership of assigned system equipment mechanical and electrical control systems.
• Able to work with groups to provide overlapping support to other engineers while possibly working on several assigned tasks.
• Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing.
• Able to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of control systems, interfaces with other electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
• Able to work in an industrial and construction site environment including walking over uneven surfaces, in the underground mine, and over long distances with periods of standing.
General: 10 years of experience in design, systems, or programs engineering related to their discipline. Personnel with 6-9 years’ experience will also be considered if individual has basic engineering skills and education and engineering application experience. Professional Engineers (PE) license preferred.
Specialty areas include:
A. Electrical Distribution (13KV, 4 KV, 480 V)
B. Electrical transformers (13KV, 4 KV, 480V)
C. Rotating Equipment (Fans, Conveyors, self-propelled equipment, pumps, etc.)
D. Motor control centers
E. Controls systems and schemes (PLC, and other)
F. Communication systems (IC, announcing, alarming, etc.)
G. Substantial equipment replacements and refurbishments
Education requirements: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical) or Bachelor of Science in related engineering discipline with work experience in Electrical engineering. A Bachelor’s degree in related field with an emphasis in specialty areas is preferred. On a case-by-case basis, the Engineering Manager may accept a Subcontractor based on experience in lieu of the education requirements.
Knowledge shall include an understanding of engineering principles, theories, and concepts and microcomputer applications; ability to deliver oral presentations to convey technical findings and recommendations; ability to write clear, concise, and organized memos and reports.
Duties may include:
Assume responsibility for completion of detail phases of assigned projects under direction of project and cognizant engineering; provide detailed solutions to assigned engineering problems; make engineering and design calculations applying basic engineering principles, theories and concepts; prepare technical reports and other technical documents such as procedures and operation and maintenance manuals; prepare cost estimates related to assigned technical projects; prepare engineered work packages under supervision for construction or modification of equipment and facilities; analyze specific equipment or system failures of limited scope and recommend repairs, modifications, or appropriate corrective actions through application of basic engineering principles; provide general functional requirements to perform basic design of new equipment/systems or modification of existing equipment/systems; provide engineering support to other groups; make technical presentations.
Per diem is available for those who qualify.
For immediate consideration, please submit resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a drug-free work environment.