[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking qualified candidates for Fire Protection Technician opportunities for our customer in Carlsbad, NM for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP).
Fire Protection Technician
General: Greater than 10 years of Department of Energy Fire Protection Program experience and a National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies is required.
Education requirements: Fire Protection Technology Certificate is required. A Bachelor’s degree in related field with an emphasis in specialty areas is preferred. On a case-by-case basis, the Engineering Manager may accept a Subcontractor based on experience in lieu of the education requirements.
Specialty areas include:
A. Fire Suppression Systems (suppression, detection and water supply)
B. Evaluation of existing fire protection program elements
C. Evaluation of Staff qualification and training for adequacy and recommendations,
D. Assist with troubleshooting existing impairments,
E. System tests and walkdown/inspections,
F. Evaluation and improvement of current facility and system conditions
Knowledge shall include an understanding of fire protection principles, concepts and microcomputer applications; ability to deliver oral presentations to convey technical findings and recommendations; ability to write clear, concise, and organized memos and reports.
Duties may include:
Provide continuity in experienced expertise personnel to provide guidance and oversight to the current Fire Protection Engineering and support staff, assisting in troubleshooting existing impairments, system tests and walkdown/inspections, development of Fire Protection Engineer/Cognizant System Engineer training/qualification processes and evaluation and improvement of current facility and system conditions. Technician scope may include evaluation of the existing fire protection program elements and implementing procedures including fire protection systems (suppression, detection and water supply), and staff qualification and training for adequacy and recommendations. Evaluation of current test, inspection and maintenance practices including compliance with NFPA codes, DOE requirements and any addition regulatory requirements and development of new or revise procedures, and development of model work orders and practices to expedite repairs and enhance system operability/availability. Scope will also include assisting in troubleshooting existing impairments, system tests and walk down/inspections.
• Sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
• Able to work well in the field and take ownership of assigned system equipment mechanical and electrical control systems.
• Able to work with groups to provide overlapping support to other engineers while possibly working on several assigned tasks.
• Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing.
• Able to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of control systems, interfaces with other electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
• Able to work in an industrial and construction site environment including walking over uneven surfaces, in the underground mine, and over long distances with periods of standing.
Per diem is available for those who qualify
For immediate consideration, please submit resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a drug-free work environment.