[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is currently seeking a nuclear qualified Cost Control Manager.This is a long term position at one of our nuclear facilties in Minnisota. This is an immediate need and with competive pay and per diem.
Cost Control Manager
Cost Control Manager
FLSA Exemption: Professional
Manages and oversees project controls for engineering and construction projects. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and quality review. Manages project controls personnel. Establishes operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project managers.
- 1. Develop accurate costs to complete estimates and percent complete evaluations. Understand and report on the cash flow position of the project.
- 2. Prepare, review and analyze job cost reporting to assist project teams in understanding project cost details, project charges, and other project accounting issues.
- 3. Track, monitor, and report planned budgets/forecast vs. actual spend. Provide variance explanations and possible recovery plan actions.
- 4. Delivery monthly reporting of project results to Accounting and Department Management. Supervise and ensure the integrity of project financials in the company's financial reporting system.
- 5. Assist with the preparation, processing and tracking of contract Change Orders.
- 6. Track internal and external invoicing and reconciliation of cash receipts and retention.
- 7. Track subcontractors invoicing, payments, and reconciliations.
- 8. Prepare quarterly forecasts and annual budgets and reporting of the key performance indicators for the project.
- 9. Monitor the financial "health" of the project and raise the "red flag" when a negative impact or condition arises.
- 10. Assist AR and Project Managers with collections as required..
- 11. Oversee multiple projects simultaneously, with the potential of working on projects in multiple departments.
- 12. Contribute to the evaluation and development of project strategy responsible for performance.
- 13. Prepare detailed pre-outage, outage, and on-line schedules.
- 14. Prepare cost forecasts and trend analysis.
- 15. Evaluate schedule impacts.
- 16. Perform other related duties as required.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operations Analysis -- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a plan or solution.
- Systems Evaluation -- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to walk job site
- Lifting up to 30 lbs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with two to five years of experience as a financial analyst or a similar role or equivalent experience.Experience in Project Controls concepts, understanding of general financial processes, strong analytical skills, and an engaged, proactive approach are essential. Strong communication skills demonstrating the ability to cooperate with different global teams across multiple levels of the organization and the ability to enhance process knowledge and adapt to ever changing objectives and priorities are essential. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; subject to personnel call out as required in support of nuclear station emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.