[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
As the Manufacturing Engineer – you will have the opportunity to be involved in the technical development of the suppliers to ensure the component method of manufacture is both stable and capable and ensures the flow down of regulatory and product integrity requirements. Also, you will play an important role in advising on sourcing strategies with technical insights.
We’re at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems including ship design. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
• Validating the supplier’s method of manufacture and capability through deployment of FAIR process and / or relevant assessments (Manufacturing Capability Assessment or Technical Oversight assessment) for new and existing supply chains
• Ensuring that Technical Packages used in the supply chain are consistent with established best practice
• Influencing commodity strategies and sourcing decisions with technical knowledge
• Ensuring product integrity for component or system is delivered through alignment of method of manufacture with design intent by interfacing with the appropriate design engineering community
• Facilitating development and implementation of new manufacturing technologies as required by sourcing strategies and product development initiatives, according to cost and lead-time requirements
• Educating and coaching suppliers in the application of relevant specifications, most effective management of key manufacturing processes and compliance with SABRe
• Ensuring the change to product manufacturing method or source is controlled appropriately in the supply chain
• Leading/supporting “Build In Quality” for the introduction of new product to ensure capabilities meet the design intent, capability, rate and cost requirements
• Ability to travel 25%, regionally and internationally.
• Associates degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing/Engineering with 8+ years’ experience working in manufacturing
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing/Engineering with 4+ years’ experience working in manufacturing
• Masters’ degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing/Engineering with 2+ years’ experience working in manufacturing
• In lieu of degree, 12+ years’ experience of working in manufacturing engineering
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain DoD confidential security clearance, which requires US Citizenship
• Skilled in working with technical drawings and specifications
• In-depth understanding of various manufacturing processes and in machining of complex components
• Demonstrated ability to discuss both technical and business issues with all levels of an organizations
• Experience bringing diverse groups together to resolve technical issues and problems and perform root cause analysis in the evaluation of safety, quality and manufacturing improvements
• Experience of new product introduction, process revalidation and quality improvement
• Understanding of inspection processes and quality control procedures.
• Auditor/assessment capabilities