[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The following lists examples of required duties:
• Provide staff augmentation support for the Senior SRP3 Program and Project, Savannah River Pit Production Plant (SRP3) Mission.
• Primary responsibilities include both program and project activities, such as, generating, reviewing, evaluating, analyzing, and revising written materials for submittal to the DOE.
• Prepare and provide input and reviews to development of Conceptual Design package leading to submission to NNSA to receive Critical Design, CD-1 approval, such as, staffing analysis, risk management systems, schedules, and cost estimates.
• Develop and establish a set of metrics for performance monitoring of program activities.
• Perform review and provide recommendations on engineering plans and products.
• Perform program, project, and/or task management and development implementation plans.
• Develop overall interface flowsheet, including engineering, technical, and regulatory assumptions.
• Participate and/or review engineering and feasibility studies/reports.
• Evaluate previous Savannah River Site engineering studies and evaluations for applicability to the Pit Production Mission and provide engineering input on conceptual design product reviews.
• Support development of briefing and communications materials
• Provide recommendations on technical and management approaches to work execution
• Provide expert advice on organization constructs and staffing, such as design authority, change control board operations and makeup, and design integration related to multiple design agencies
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS. Classified matter will need to be accessed to support a comprehensive report.
Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering or Physics discipline plus twenty (20) years nuclear (preferred) DOE, DOD or NRC nuclear facility experience or industrial engineering experience.
Twenty (20) years DOE, DOD or NRC nuclear experience commensurate with education criteria.
Fifteen (15) years program and project management experience on NNSA missions.
Ten (10) years executive level experience in managing line items projects and programs and/or providing executive level project management reviews.
Ten (10) years project management experience on nuclear projects at SRS and/or other DOE facilities.
Demonstrate prior operations experience at SRS facilities.
Demonstrate prior experience in establishing new organizations for new mission activities.
Work Hours: 40-hour work week ending Sunday of each week, initial work schedule is Shift 32 - 4/ l 0s (10 hours/day, four days each week of Monday through Thursday). Alternate work schedules may be implemented; SRNS utilizes various work schedules: 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week, Monday through Friday); Shift 33 - 4/I0s (10 hours/day, four days each week Tuesday through Friday); 9/80s (9 hours/day, 5 days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS Holidays. Each work day has a 30- minute unpaid lunch break. Extended work hours and workdays are to be expected with this assignment. As needed.
Area Security Access:
An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate may be required to apply for a DOE clearance. Supplier shall possess an active "Verification of FOCI" (that includes the candidate being submitted for this position.)