[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and US Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an ENGINEER or ENGINEERING SPECIALIST (ELECTRICAL) with the following qualifications:
Special Job Requirements:
• Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
• Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
• Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Functional with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance
• Previous experience at DOE facilities a plus
Special Training, Certifications, Qualifications, or Licenses:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance.
• 7+ years experience in electrical systems design, installation, troubleshooting, and repairs/renovations with 13.8KV, 440V, 220-208V, and 110V power distribution systems
• Familiarity with and experience in implementation of NFPA 70 National Electric Code
• Experience in preparing and reviewing detailed calculations, reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by electricians
• Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades to electrical systems
• Experience in development of engineering change documentation for changes to existing electrical systems
• Experience with outdoor lighting design for industrial facilities
• Experience specifying or procuring electrical equipment items that are listed, labeled or recognized by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory
• Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
• BS in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of experience in Engineering.
Period of Performance:
10/26/2020 – 07/31/2021
Q Clearance or ability to obtain - Required
FULL TIME, 40 hrs. /wk.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at: https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.