[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Location - Oak Ridge, TN
Contract assignment Looking for an Accountant I
Contract: 5-6 months estimated duration.
Please send me your resume in word.
Prefer local candidates only - no per diem.
• Maintains assigned segment of financial, accounting, or timekeeping records and processes transactions.
• Examines a variety of recording and reporting documents and summaries to verify accuracy and conformance with specific functional, corporate, contract, government or professional accounting requirements.
• Reconciles reports and financial data with other records on file. Points out apparent inconsistencies and errors.
• Prepares or reviews routine summary reports and/or financial statements.
• Carries out assigned steps in accounting, systems, or financial analysis.
• Assists higher-level accounting projects
• Must have an Associated Degree or in lieu of a degree must have 3 years of experience.
• Basic knowledge of fundamental theories, principles, and terminology of one or more areas of accounting (payables, receivables, payroll, billing and financial accounting) gained through specialized education and/or work experience.
• General knowledge of basic business practices and fundamental business theories.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in computer applications and common software products and spreadsheet applications.
• Familiar with procedures relating to U.S. government jobs. Understand government indirect rate concepts.
• Ability to develop and analyze data for reports.