[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with the following qualifications:
• Participate in developing new technologies for retrieving radioactive waste, in particular remote-operated robotic and electromechanical systems.
• Focus on testing and improving existing prototypes as well as designing new systems from the ground up.
o Cross-disciplinary abilities are beneficial especially in programming, electronics, or controls.
o Communication and project management skills are also highly valued.
• Have proficiency with some or all of the following:
o 3D modeling software (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
o Static and dynamic analysis of mechanical structures including finite element
analysis (Abaqus preferred)
o Fluid dynamics and heat transfer including computational fluid dynamics (STAR-CCM+
o Design complex mechanical assemblies especially with tight space or weight
o Knowledge and experience with a broad range of manufacturing techniques.
o Design, manufacturing and testing of prototypes.
o Programming and electronics
o Design for hazardous environments especially radiation hazards.
• Review customer requirements and develop design concepts.
• Develop design work packages.
• Complete and document detailed designs
• Verify designs
• Support construction and project closeout
• Support training and safety qualifications
Duration: Award through 5/31/2021 with probable extension(s)
• US citizen and able to work in Idaho.
• Work a 4X10 schedule
• Bachelor of Science or Masters (preferred) Degree in associated engineering field (mechanical, nuclear, mechatronics, or similar)
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.