[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
RST Reactor Service Technician
The Reactor Service Technician (RST) normally reports to the Refuel Floor Project Manager or Lead RF Engineer and coordinates their work with the RF Engineers. This position performs maintenance, fuel handling, modification, and/or inspection activities during refueling and maintenance outages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Successfully conducting work in a team environment
• Possess sufficient skill and work experience to understand and implement the work in accordance with written procedures and work direction
• Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the requirements for the work
• Conduct preparations for fuel sipping
• Conduct preparations for fuel handling
• Conduct preparations for CRB swap and other in-vessel maintenance activities
• Conduct and support activities for nozzle flushing, and in-vessel visual inspection (IVVI)
• Conduct and support activities for in-vessel and vessel components modifications
• Perform required training and proficiency demonstration as required to qualify as fuel handlers
• Perform required training and proficiency demonstration as required to qualify as IVVI Level II and /or IVVI Level Ill personnel
• Perform and/or support the following activities:
o Fuel handling including full core off-loads / re-loads and fuel shuffle
o In-vessel visual inspection(s), camera handling
o Nozzle flushing
o Uncoupling of control rod drives for replacement
o Remove and replace, and swap identified CRB's, and vessel instrumentation o Support core verifications
o Operation of Fuel Handling equipment
o Vessel dis-assembly and reassembly activities when required
• Provide input on work performed
• Provide recommendations for improvements and problem resolution
Minimum Experience/Requirements Needed:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Individual must be proficient with computers for online training, communications, expense and time entry.
• Must be able to obtain Unescorted Site Access at a Nuclear Power Plant (includes background investigation, drug testing, and psychological exam)
• Must be able to pass required physical exam & training for use of respirator.
• Meet physical requirements of the job
o Able to stand, bend & kneel for extended periods of time o Able to lift 50 lbs.
o Able to work in a confined space/ highly congested work area
o Able to wear full body protective clothing, to include face shield o Able to work in radiation control areas
• Complete Granite's Environmental Health and Safety training modules
• Successful completion of skill specific training (80% or higher)
• Position is located on customer sites.
• Frequent travel to customer plant sites, duration of stay typically 1-2 months per outage.