[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
TFE, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for the following position:
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Per Diem: No
The following explains the job responsibilities and expectations for all employees who are classified in this job description. This job description is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Company.
Responsible for activities related to estimating all the elements of project cost including labor (manual and non-manual), materials and permanent equipment, supplies, consumables and expenses, and construction equipment rental and operating costs, contingency, escalation, program risk, etc. Supports cost estimating efforts as directed during project and/or proposal activities. Assists in historical data analysis and maintenance of historical databases.
1. Demonstrated understanding of Estimating core processes.
2. Familiar with Estimating procedures and processes. Knowledge and understanding of estimate classifications and types.
3. Familiar with the cash flow and cost of working capital.
4. Familiar with pricing sources.
5. Demonstrates applied analytical and quantitative skills.
6. Knowledge of engineering or construction customarily acquired through a course of specialized instruction. Must have sufficient experience in performing engineering discipline related tasks (engineering drafting, quantity take-off, statistical analysis, scheduling) leading to an understanding of technical processes, engineering drawings and quantity determinations.
7. Knowledge of standard software applications such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access).
8. Ability to communicate effectively with others in a project team environment
9. Familiarity with industry contracting
10. Understands and applies knowledge of project revenue and cost
11. Creates quality material take-offs from drawing and sketches
12. Understands and complies with governments estimating system requirements
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/JOB DUTIES:
1. Bachelorís degree in engineering or construction or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and related experience
2. 12+ years of experience in the Engineering or Construction Industry, including 5+ years of experience on a project performing work outside the estimating function. Expertise in estimating applications and systems
3. Individual incumbents may be responsible for cross-discipline application or may concentrate in one or more of the Estimating disciplines including Electrical, Architectural/Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Systems Control, Estimating cornerstone application analysis, etc.
4. Prepares or assists in the preparation of Order of Magnitude, preliminary, definitive, change orders and check estimates using appropriate methods and techniques.
5. Prepares equipment and material take-off.
6. Utilizes the appropriate company and industry historical data for costing estimates.
7. Prepares or assists in the preparation of project and discipline estimate summaries.
8. Prepares or assists in the preparation of the Basis of Estimate.
9. Participates in estimate reviews.
10. Establishes and maintains cost databases and product line specific parametric analysis tools
11. Performs routine quantity takeoffs, within discipline or commodity specialty, from design drawings. Collects, reconciles, and verifies data for summary comparisons
12. Applies unit rates (cost and job hour) to quantities and performs portions of the total cost estimate within a discipline or commodity specialty using standard estimating templates
Interested candidates should apply online at tfeinc.net/careers
TFE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer