[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAR9097 – PC SR ESTIMATOR II – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM – DUE BY 10/27
ReNuke Services, Inc is seeking a Senior Project Controls Estimator at our client site in Oak Ridge, TN. Th
• The Estimator job family is responsible for activities related to estimating all the elements of project cost including labor (manual and non-manual), materials and permanent equipment, supplies, consumables and expenses, and construction equipment rental and operating costs, contingency, escalation, program risk, etc.
• Supports cost estimating efforts as directed during project and/or proposal activities. Assists in historical data analysis and maintenance of historical databases. Executes tasks within well-defined parameters
• Individual incumbents may be responsible for cross-discipline application or may concentrate in one or more of the Estimating disciplines including Electrical, Architectural/Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Systems Control, Estimating cornerstone application analysis, etc.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of Order of Magnitude, preliminary, definitive, change orders and check estimates using appropriate methods and techniques.
• Prepares equipment and material take-off.
• Utilizes the appropriate company and industry historical data for costing estimates.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of project and discipline estimate summaries.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of the Basis of Estimate.
• Participates in estimate reviews.
• Establishes and maintains cost databases and product line specific parametric analysis tools
• Performs routine quantity takeoffs, within discipline or commodity specialty, from design drawings. Collects, reconciles, and verifies data for summary comparisons
• Applies unit rates (cost and job hour) to quantities and performs portions of the total cost estimate within adiscipline or commodity specialty using standard estimating templates
• Demonstrated understanding of Estimating core processes requiring direction and supervision.
• Familiar with Estimating procedures and processes. Basic understanding of estimate classifications and types.
• Familiar with the basic concept of cash flow and cost of working capital.
• Familiar with pricing sources.
• Demonstrates basic applied analytical and quantitative skills.
• Entry-level knowledge of engineering or construction customarily acquired through a course of specialized instruction. Must have sufficient entry-level experience in performing engineering discipline related tasks (engineering drafting, quantity take-off, statistical analysis, scheduling) leading to an understanding of technical processes, engineering drawings and quantity determinations.
• Basic knowledge of standard software applications such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access).
• Basic ability to communicate effectively with others in a project team environment
• Develops familiarity with industry contracting
• Understands and applies knowledge of project revenue and cost
• Creates quality material take-offs from drawing and sketches
• Understands and complies with governments estimating system requirements