[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Exciting Opportunity in Project Controls-Career Growth and Critical Work
Are you looking to be part of something bigger? With an opportunity to make a meaningful impact and grow within an organization? Our client, a trusted government contractor across multiple DOE sites, is a small business yet has expanded at an accelerating rate in the last several years. The client strives to promote from within and offer its employees an opportunity to grow with them. They have an excellent reputation and value honesty, integrity, safety, and security above all else. The client specializes in the Nuclear industry including the energy and defense sectors, giving you the opportunity to be part of an organization working on critical projects for national security.
The client is in search of an experienced Project Controls professional. In the role, you will be providing project planning and controls support to scientific and capital/infrastructure projects. You will apply project management and controls practices as applicable during the life cycle of projects from conception to closeout (Program and Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets); (Earned Value Management System).
If you are technical and love getting into scheduling software this is for you! You will have the opportunity to showcase your skills while working on critical projects. Here is an example of what a typical day might look like:
-Developing project controls work processes, tools, and procedures, including a Work Breakdown Structure dictionary, Organizational Breakdown Structure, and associated Responsibility Assignment Matrix for Control Account Manager (CAM) assignments.
- Monitoring earned value performance data, developing complex data analysis including cost and schedule variance analysis, and prepare recovery or corrective action plans. Coordinating and reviewing risk vetting, reporting, and Estimate at Completion analysis.
- Overseeing production and status of schedule milestones and networks while ensuring integrity and compliance of schedule data using horizontal/vertical traceability methods.
- Identifying cost trends and schedule impacts, use statistical tools to analyze metrics, and report cost, schedule, risk and earned value information at meetings and to management and clients throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Responsible for integration of all project activities and total work scope for identification and maintenance of project critical path.
- Performing and maintaining baseline change control management processes and logs.
- Preparation and presenting graphic presentations of cost, schedule, scope, risk, and earned value information at general and formal meetings such as Functional Management Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews, and Earned Value surveillance reviews.
Ideally you will bring some or most of these qualities to the table:
• Bachelors/advanced degree in a related field or commensurate experience and at least 2 years education and/or related experience in scheduling, planning and control of projects
• Skilled in all foundational aspects of project planning and controls, including planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
• Working knowledge of project reporting requirements for earned value, scheduling technique, risk assessment practices, and modeling.
• Ability to understand and apply project management standards and project controls practices to multifaceted situations.
• Knowledge and experience with Software / Computer Applications (i.e. scheduling systems Primavera P6/MS Project, databases, MS Excel, Deltek Cobra).
• Knowledge of using the EVMS analysis and reporting tool Encore Analytics Empower.
To learn more simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss this exciting opportunity!