[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Charlotte NC or Wilmington NC
Duration: 12 months
Our client has a need for a Senior Technical Writer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading company, we want to talk with you!
Performs a range of activities; requirements management, systems design, circuit analysis, component and equipment sizing and selection as well as develop plant, system, and component specifications, one or single line and three line diagrams, inter-connection wiring diagrams and routing tables, equipment wiring schematics with the associated functional, performance, and environmental qualification plans as well as participation in cross- discipline reviews, technical oversight and work planning.
Scope includes; power plant reactors nuclear and turbine island, balance of plant and yard as well as test reactors.
US Citizenship Only – Work is on US Government DOE or DOD projects.
Onsite presence at GEH in Wilmington, NC is approximately 25%.
• Responsible engineer for variety of plant electric power distribution systems (EPDS) covering; regulatory compliant architecture, AC and DC electric systems, components, and equipment.
• Scope includes medium and low voltage as well as DC to AC; switchgear, switchboards, load or power centers, motor control centers, lighting and power service panels, uninterruptible power supplies, inverters, batteries, adjustable speed drives, digital protective relays, motors, circuit breakers, trip units, disconnect switches, contactors, switches, relays, cable and wire, conduit, ducts, raceway, tray, grounding, lightning, and cathodic protection, building and containment penetrations, etc.
• Prepare and maintain under change control and configuration management various technical documents; requirements, application selection criteria, calculations [sizing, load, heat, vibration], datasheets, drawings, diagrams [one or single and three line, interconnection wiring, schematic, function block logic], cable and wiring routing tables supporting chase, conduit, duct, and tray layout, databases [algorithms, function generators, input/output and set points], modelling analysis and simulation code or software [e.g.; ETAP, Matlab], technical notes, specifications and plans [design, qualification, test, purchase].
• Prepare bill of materials (BOM) or quantities (BOQ) and work collaboratively thru Sourcing with suppliers.
• Ensure systems, components, and equipment designs meet requirements for; regulatory compliance, functionality, performance, qualification [environmental, seismic, embedded digital], interfaces, human factors, safety hazards, reliability, cyber security, etc.
• Perform detailed oversight, review, and verification of deliverables from; GEH, architect engineering firms, and suppliers to ensure their; adequacy, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with requirements; design basis, practices, tool use, configuration and documentation management, etc.
• Promote incorporation of operational experience, lessons learned, and best practices.
• Perform cost-benefit optioneering or trade-off studies for technical risk, function, performance, margin, and cost optimization.
• Ensure design bases is adequately documented and conforms with applicable nuclear [DOE, NRC, CNSC, ONR, IAEA] regulations, guidance, generic design certifications, licensing commitments, and applicable industry standards [ANSI, ASME, IEEE, IEC, ISA, NEC, NEMA].
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics or equivalent 4 year technical degree
• 15 years design, development, and deployment of electric power distribution systems for complex, high reliability, and in harsh environment facilities in the thermal or nuclear power, process, marine industries, etc.
• 10 years application engineering or field installation with heavy electrical equipment and components thereof including selection, sizing and analysis calculations, modeling and simulation, and qualification [environmental, seismic, embedded digital] to diverse industry standards
• 10 years excellent knowledge, skill, and experience with PC and desktop engineering productivity software [e.g.; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio] and computer aided design, modelling and analysis [e.g.; ETAP, Matlab] as well as project collaboration tools
• Master of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics or equivalent 4 year technical degree
• Professional Engineer License
• PMI/PMP certified or proven project management experience.
• Solid experience with various quality standards; NQA-1, AS9000, ISO9000
• Solid experience with systems and component design, analysis, modeling, simulation, and test data collection tools [3KeyMaster, Easy5, Simulink, GSE Simsuite, LabView, MathCad, Mathmatica, MatLab, MatrixX, ETAP]
As an employee with ASAP, you will be working through an established and well respected organization that goes above and beyond for our Clients and Talent. We are dedicated to providing our Associates with professional and responsive attention and we are here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. Your diligence and professional commitment will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for this position may include (but are not limited to):
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision
• Short Term Disability/LTD
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.