[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Operations Support Specialist/Asbestos Inspector opportunity for our customer in Aiken, SC to support the Savannah River Site.
Duration: 12 Months (2000 hours S/T and 200 O/T per year)
Clearance Required: No
US Citizenship Required: Yes
JOB TITLE: Senior Operations Support Specialist/Asbestos Inspector
• Perform asbestos inspections to include sample collection at selected facilities within the Savannah River Site; preparation of collected media for shipment to laboratory; completion of the required Chain of Custody; and preparation of a technical report documenting the inspection and results upon receipt of sample results.
• Must successfully complete SRS Asbestos Inspector Training including Rad Worker II and respirator training; and maintain fitness for duty including SRS Asbestos Medical Surveillance Program requirements.
• Asbestos inspection services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
Bachelor's degree in a non-technical discipline and at least 2-4 years of practical experience in asbestos inspections, laboratory, maintenance, or operations experience or related areas. An Associate's degree in a technical or mechanical area and at least 4 years of practical experience would be considered equivalent. A high school diploma and at least 8-12 years of practical experience would also be considered equivalent.
• Certificate of completion in 40 CFR 763, Asbestos Building Inspector, from an accredited training provider. Candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs. Experience working at SRS or on DOE Sites/contracts is preferred. Ability to perform field walk downs / inspections.
• Ability to maintain SRS Asbestos Medical Surveillance Program Requirements. Previous SRS Design Authority Engineering experience is preferred along with familiarity with H-Area Separations processes.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules which include, but not limited to, the following:
• 5/8’s (eight hours/day, five days per week)
• 4/10’s (ten hours/day, four days per week)
• 9/80’s (nine hours/day, five days on week A and four days on week B)
The work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch unpaid.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS:
Security clearance is not required.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers