[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Quality Assurance Manager for an assignment in New Mexico
Note: Experience or quality related certifications may be substituted for education, as approved.
• Requires Bachelor of Science in engineering or science with a minimum of 15 years of management experience, at least 5 of which involved quality assurance auditing of TRU waste program activities; safety oversight, and oversight of regulatory and environmental compliance activities.
• Requires 15 years of directly related experience as a lead auditor who is certified or who can be certified within 60 days of employment, under the Company lead auditor certification process, which is based on ASME NQA-1-1989 OR a Bachelor's degree and five years of directly relevant and applicable experience as a lead auditor who is certified or who can be certified within 90 days of employment, under the Company lead auditor certification process, which is based on ASME NQA-1-1989 OR a Master's degree and three years of directly relevant and applicable experience as a lead auditor who is certified or who can be certified within 30 days of employment, under the Company lead auditor certification process, which is based on ASME NQA-1-1989.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of ASME NQA-1-1989, DOE Order 414.1, and 10 CFR 830.120.
• Must possess a combination of education and experience to meet the minimum Lead Auditor qualification points for certification specified in the nuclear industry standard ASME NQA-1-1989 Appendix 2A-3.
• Within 30 days of employment, must possess working knowledge of relevant site procedures and program documents to successfully complete assigned activities during a program area audit.
• Must have extensive experience in leading a team of auditors and technical specialists assessing the effectiveness of activities associated with radioactive mixed waste characterization, packaging, transportation and disposal.
• Must have comprehensive expert-level knowledge of technical disciplines associated with nuclear facilities, waste characterization processes, hazardous materials, engineering, chemistry, industrial safety, nuclear safety, radioactive packaging and transportation or other similar disciplines, and the regulations associated with the discipline that the individual has been deemed to be an expert.
• Must possess expert knowledge of quality assurance processes and extensive experience with such processes to lead audits within a nuclear facility environment.
• Must have expert knowledge of corrective action processes sufficient to properly identify problems, assess corrective action plans, and verify closure and effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Must have experience managing preparation of audit plans, checklists, and reports by audit team members, including coordination of the logistics necessary to conduct certification audits at sites at remote locations across vast geographical areas; interfacing with regulatory agencies; and managing large audit teams often with a significant number of observers.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers