[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Our client has a need for an Electrical Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading company, we want to talk with you!
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
• Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
• Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
• Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
• Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
• Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area
• May provide direction and guidance to others
• Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects
• Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work
• Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership
• Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility
• May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of the predominant SCADA and Automation technologies which are encountered in Transmission substations
• Familiarity with commonly deployed RTUs in substation environments and the communication protocols which are leveraged
• Understanding of basic networking concepts including architecture, major hardware components (switches, routers and gateways) and physical media (fiber, copper and media converters)
• Basic knowledge of communication protocols utilized in the transmission industry (IEC 61850, DNP 3.0 and proprietary relay manufacturer protocols)
• Understanding of network addressing concepts which are deployed in substation environments
• Ability to independently manipulate software configuration files on multiple IED platforms. Strong aptitude in the creation and manipulation of spreadsheets and basic software macros within spreadsheets to efficiently produce designs.
• Understanding of Cybersecurity
• Awareness of NERC-CIP along with an understanding of routable protocols and physical/logical protections which are implemented to prevent access to substation networks
• Understanding of password protections and data security as it relates to design creation and issuance to transmission clients
• Team coordination
• Ability to independently develop written communication to facilitate coordination with team members and clients
• Understanding of Transmission substation designs along with how different design deliverables are organized together to allow substation construction
As an employee with ASAP, you will be working through an established and well respected organization that goes above and beyond for our Clients and Talent. We are dedicated to providing our Associates with professional and responsive attention and we are here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. Your diligence and professional commitment will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for this position may include (but are not limited to):
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision
• Short Term Disability/LTD
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.