[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Provide full spectrum Derivative Classification/Reviewing Official support and guidance for Project personnel including Unclassified Controlled Information and Classified Information up to and including Secret-Restricted Data.
Provides classification direction, coordination, and guidance for the security program on a project or in an office. Directs the development and implementation of security criteria and programs and procedures; provides functional guidance and direction to assigned security personnel and contractors; and monitors security activities and the performance of security services.
Ensures implementation and maintenance of policies for the safeguarding of project internal security data, reports and case documentation; administers security programs to meet appropriate national and/or foreign government standards and regulatory requirements to protect client proprietary information.
This position will provide direct interaction support with the project and the Classification office. Specific examples include (but not limited to):
Responsible for review of clearance justifications submitted by UPF project management for L and Q clearance requests
Responsible for ensuring reporting requirements are met to Y12 Security associated with any incident that has a potential IOSC (incident of security concern)
Personnel associated with Nuclear Security Complex support the nation’s vital security assets, national stockpile and secure storage of strategic and special nuclear material. These nuclear industry professionals and security forces have access to vulnerable materials and classified information. These personnel are required to hold security clearances. The UPF project will consist of multiple facilities, and each building will be constructed to these nuclear, safety and security requirements appropriate to support this Y12 Nuclear Security Complex mission.
• BS degree with 15+ years in weapons field plus experience as an Y12 DC/RO. In lieu of degree, 21+ years of relevant experience in DOE Stockpile Systems.
• US Citizen
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check, which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
• Additional specific knowledge in areas of Y12 Operations, DOE weapons complex processes, Quality Evaluations of various weapons systems, and criticality safety.
• Capable of obtaining and/or maintaining a security clearance as may be required for access to government classified information.
• Highly skilled in verbal and written communications with government officials, senior management, contractors, and client representatives.