[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Database Administrator 3/4 opportunity for our customer in Los Alamos, New Mexico for the LANL Facility.
An active DOE “Q” clearance is required.
Database Administrator 3
Working alongside some of the brightest minds, you will contribute to the planning, designing, implementation and maintenance of various applications through the entire system life cycle. In addition, you must be an excellent team player and in collaboration with systems analysts, database administrators and developers design appropriate technical solutions for business data requirements. You will contribute to the establishment and maintenance of security and integrity controls and collaborate with team members to formulate and monitor policies, procedure and standards related to Oracle EBS. You will perform operational support tasks, including troubleshooting, performance analysis, backup and recovery, and tuning and design load balancing solutions.
Database Administrator 4
In addition to what was outlined at the lower level, at this level you will provide mentoring to technical staff members including early-career Database Administrators. We are looking for someone who likes to self-initiate work with limited supervision, use independent judgment for determining course of action to accomplish objectives, and use a broad range of advanced technical skills to solve complex technical issues.
Technical Expertise & Knowledge
• Demonstrated experience leading efforts to provide database support for all phases of Oracle EBS implementation projects (11i and R12).
• Demonstrated experience configuring and managing Oracle Enterprise Manager and Oracle Identity Manager.
• Demonstrated experience with problem diagnosis and resolution, including the use of Oracle support.
• Demonstrated ability installing Oracle software and patches; performance monitoring and tuning; patching and addressing security vulnerabilities.
• Demonstrated experience implementing or supporting Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Single Sign-on (SSO) using Webgate and Oracle Access Manager (OAM).
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience installing, configuring and integrating different components of Middleware such as WebLogic and Oracle Access Management (OAM).
• Experience ensuring databases and application tiers are implemented/managed in a manner consistent with customer needs, and industry best practices in general.
Demonstrated time management skills illustrated by the ability to work on multiple projects with varying priorities and deadlines.
Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate and use proper judgment in order to resolve conflicts, solve problems, increase efficiency, and improve services and products with minimal management help.
Additional Job Requirements for Database Administrator 4:
In addition to the requirements outlined above, qualification at the higher level requires:
• Demonstrated expertise or unique knowledge, using skills to contribute to development of technical objectives and principles to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
• Extensive experience developing and/or implementing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards based on professional principles and theories.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge working on unusually significant, unique or complex issues, providing solutions that are highly creative and where analysis of situations or data require an evaluation of intangibles.
• Demonstrated experience in providing technical direction and/or coordinating activities of other personnel. Experience includes using independent judgment for determining course of action to accomplish objectives, using wide latitude in the methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Education/Experience for Database Administrator 3: Position typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience. Post-graduate degree and/or professional certification(s) and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Education/Experience for Database Administrator 4: Position typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience. Post-graduate degree and/or expert level professional certification(s) and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers