[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Cyber Security Specialist with 5+ years nuclear plant experience needed for permanent / direct hire opening to work remotely.
Our client provides cyber security solutions to protect industrial control systems for critical infrastructure such as power, oil and gas, and manufacturing. They feature an exciting and dynamic work environment and are currently seeking a full-time Senior Cyber Security Specialist, Nuclear. The ideal candidate will be a cyber security professional with five or more years of relevant industry experience. The candidate will work with both external clients in the industrial controls market as well as internally to meet industry compliance requirements, such as R.G. 5.71, NEI 08-09, and NRC 10 CFR 50.54. This role may also support other network and security related product offerings as necessary.
* To work within the Information Security Services team to assist in the evaluation and development of client Cyber Security Program requirements as needed.
* Assist with business opportunities alignment within the energy sector.
* Capture and proposal development in response to identified opportunities.
* Formulation of technical strategies and personnel requirements to fulfill successful captures.
* Formulate cyber strategies to best meet evolving technological requirements.
* Perform a variety of network security accreditation and policy support tasks, including project management support services.
* Support activities within the for the strategic high priority development, testing, program assessments, policy and guidance, and education and training.
* Support customer and product management needs by providing cyber security consultation and guidance.
* Provide guidance and implementation recommendations for security enhancements.
* Draft white papers and other technical articles to support company growth initiatives.
* Industry involvement with the development of best practices.
* Participate in and support customer validation efforts including end-user customer acceptance tests.
* Bachelorís degree (B.A.) in Engineering/Engineering Technology from a four-year college or university
* A minimum of 5 years of progressive engineering experience; or an advanced degree plus 2 years of experience
* Knowledge of design/system engineering and regulatory requirements for commercial nuclear plants.
* Commercial Nuclear, Government Cyber Security related knowledge
* Understanding of R.G. 5.71, DOE Order O.201.5 and NEI 08-09 Implementation Requirements
* Apply a range of cyber security concepts to mitigate risks in cyber security operations
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
* Apply the theory of cyber deterrence in developing future cyber security strategies and policies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to present to clients.
* Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
Our client offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package, which includes dental, medical and vision insurance, as well as 401k, wellness programs, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, educational assistance and paid-time-off.