[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Oak Ridge, TN
Sr. Pipe Support Engineer
ME150 (FAPPS), STAAD and/or GTStrudl required
Please send me your resume if you have not been submitted yet.
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Perform Pipe Support calculations/checking and modeling in Smart 3D.
• Preparation of specifications for pipe supports for a nuclear facility.
• Coordinate pipe support design activities in a 3D model environment with piping engineers/designers, pipe stress engineers, structural engineers/designers, pipe support engineers and construction personnel.
• Review pipe stress analysis, pipe support design calculations and related safety/hazards evaluations.
• Coordinate closely with pipe stress engineers and other technical disciplines in planning and executing work as an integrated team.
• Understand the USDOE regulatory requirements and industry practices for nuclear facilities, including seismic design requirements and standards. Should also be knowledgeable with the ASME 831.3 piping code and have experience with piping specifications, piping material procurements and 3D environment/database.
• BS degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 6 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, 12 or more years of related experience.
• Must be a US citizen
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check, which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to work site
• Prior experience using structural analysis programs such ME150 (FAPPS), STAAD or GTStrudl
• Working knowledge of LRFD design rules