[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and US Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an ENGINEER/ENGINEERING SPECIALIST (MECHANICAL) with the following qualifications:
Special Job Requirements:
Mechanical engineer to support the Chief Engineer, Project Engineer, UCOR Projects and the Engineering Program as necessary and assigned. Project support locations may include ETTP, ORNL and Y-12. Duties to include:
• Performs engineering calculations. prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing , issues reports and maintains related data
• Experienced in mechanical engineering with emphasis on piping and pump design, HVAC design, general mechanical engineering, and engineering procurement
• Maintains liaison with design and drafting groups
• Prepares, reviews and approves drawings as required
• Advises the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems
• Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks
• Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned project
• Maintains timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding assigned engineering activities
Special Training, Certifications, Qualifications, or Licenses:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
• 10+ years of relevant experience required.
• Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
• Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
• Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Functional with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance. A clearance is not required to apply for this position.
• Previous experience at DOE facilities a plus
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
• BS in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of experience in Engineering.
Period of Performance:
01/25/2021 – 07/31/2021
Q Clearance or ability to obtain
FULL TIME, 40 hrs. /wk.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at: https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.