[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One is seeking a Project Manager with heavy electrical experience or an Electrical Engineer with Project Management experience to support Browns Ferry Nuclear’s Static Exciter Project in Decatur, AL
• The Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, direction, management, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects according to specifications, within budget cost from initiation through completion.
• The project manager leads joint project teams (JPTS), applies professional principles, practices and techniques to manage and control project schedule, cost and performance risk to ensure project is completed within a certain set of restraints (e.g., time, budget, people, quality, materials) and a high level of quality.
• This role is generally assigned medium size projects, or functions within a larger project.
• Work is primarily achieved by an individual, or through project teams.
• The project manager is the single point of contact regarding a specific project.
• Budget responsibility — capability to manage project budget over $8 million, or a portfolio of projects that have an aggregate total over $25 million for all active projects assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or technical field, or equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
• Requires five years utility project manager experience, or equivalent functional area work experience with increasing levels or position responsibility.
• Requires knowledge of project management techniques, experience to resolve complex problems, and practical experience in project scoping and cost estimating.
• Requires ability to analyze in-depth technical problems and determine the most cost-effective solution.
• Must be working toward a project management professional certification as offered by the Project Management Institute.
• Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) is desired.
• Project management qualifications are governed by TVA-SPP-34.018, Project Manager Training and Development.
• SPP 34.018 covers leadership competencies, such as communication skills, business acumen, problem solving and other related competencies required for project management professionals.
• Personnel assigned to manage projects must have the skills, ability and experience commensurate with the size and complexity of the project.
*Training should be completed as identified in SPP 34.018 unless formally exempted by the incumbent’s manager because of equivalent work experience.