[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Cost Analyst for our customer in Carlsbad, NM for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP).
Support the planning, reviewing, and data collection to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, subcontracts, and labor. Perform variance analysis between actual and standard costs. Analyze data collected and confirm accuracy. Assist in month-end close of the General Ledger. Provide cost analysis results to assist senior management in decision-making or other financial initiatives.
Additionally, the Cost Analyst supports the Control Account Manager (CAM) in the following:
• Developing work packages and Planning Packages (PPs) to identify Control Account (CA) tasks, start and completion dates, time-phased budget spreads, resource requirements, and Earned Value (EV) techniques,
• Implementing schedule activities and durations and mapping of each activity to its “parent” work package or PP in the schedule application system database,
• Verifying scope, schedule, and budget traceability,
• Providing a status of work progress,
• Preparing, processing, and implementing baseline change requests,
• Preparing cost estimates,
• Generating, updating and deleting accruals,
• Approving work authorizations and charge number distributions,
• Verifying charges are appropriate and accurate,
• Reviewing subcontractor’s cost and schedule status and ensuring it is accurately reflected in the monthly performance data including discussing variances and adjustments,
• Performing monthly Cost and Schedule Variance analysis and providing corrective actions/recovery plans, as needed,
• Documenting and performing corrective actions necessary to execute work and control future performance,
• Assessing CA Estimates to Complete and initiating revisions when warranted,
• Revising forecasts of schedule activities, as necessary, and
• Providing inputs/updates to monthly performance reports.
• Experience with an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and COBRA are preferred.
This position requires a combination of education and relevant experience deemed acceptable by NWP.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers