[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for an Electrical Design Authority Engineer opportunity for our customer in Aiken, SC to support the Savannah River Site.
Clearance Required: No
US Citizenship Required: Yes
JOB TITLE: Electrical Design Authority Engineer
Provide Design Authority Engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include:
• Establishing Technical Requirements by developing System Design Descriptions (SDD) and reviewing conceptual design packages from design agencies.
• Provide agencies with technical input on design changes required during design phases.
• Planning, Walkdowns and Construction Support as requested to assure that equipment and material meet the specification requirements.
• Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Electrical Engineering
• Candidate must demonstrate ten (10) years of Electrical Engineering experience (within the last 15 years) in the nuclear or chemical process industry and possess a working knowledge of NEC, IES, NFP A, IEEE, and OSHA requirements.
• Previous SRS Engineering or DOE facility experience preferred.
• Proficient using 2D Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software (preferably MicroStation).
• Candidate must have experience using software (preferably ET AP) to generate electrical system calculations. Candidate must be able to walk down systems in the field
• Substantial knowledge of Electrical power and distribution systems is required.
• Ability to walk down systems in the field and support construction nonconformance issues in real time.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a criticality safety code (MCNP or SCALE).
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including:
• 5/8’s (eight hours/day, five days per week)
• 4/10’s (ten hours/day, four days per week)
• 9/80’s (nine hours/day, five days on week A and four days on week B)
Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS:
• Possessed an active DOE clearance ("L" or "Q") within the past two years (Preferred)
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers