[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
* Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned engineering projects; Monitoring compliance to applicable codes,
practices, performance standards and specifications.
* Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction
methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
* Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
* Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in preparing and reviewing detailed calculations, reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and
* Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by craft personnel
* Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades
* Professional Engineer License a plus
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline.
* 7+ years of relevant experience required
* Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance but is not required to apply.
* Previous experience at DOE Environmental Management, DOE Office of Science, NNSA, DOD, U.S. Navy, and/or commercial
nuclear power facilities preferred
* Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software
Education: Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent
education) in an appropriate engineering discipline from a
four-year accredited college or university
Experience: 12+ years total engineering experience with
at least 2 years of this experience in a supervisory
capacity. Must be a licensed Professional Engineer
Level Specific Responsibilities:
• Basic knowledge of managing projects
of modest size and/or may assist Project
Engineering Managers in higher grades.
• Basic knowledge of working with
Principal Engineers and Supervising
Discipline Engineers to determine manhour
requirements and schedules for
each discipline consistent with the
project requirements and schedule.
• Makes arrangements for staffing of
projects with qualified personnel.
• Basic knowledge of establishing overall
design basis reflecting client requirements
and good engineering and design
• Basic knowledge of
coordinating the technical
activities among disciplines on
• Monitors adherence to manpower estimates and
• Plans and directs engineering assignments on the