[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with nuclear ventilation experience to support work in Oak Ridge. Work scope will include the following:
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on mechanical/nuclear ventilation design, procurement, construction, installation, testing, and safety matters, qualifies as a Systems Engineer as assigned.
- Stops work without fear of reprisal for unsafe conditions potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
- Inspects and approves, or provides oversight for inspection and approval of systems, structures and components (SSCs) (including commercial or custom equipment, assemblies, or materials) within their area of expertise and develops famaliarity with SSCs defined in the facility's Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements (TSR), Configuration Items list, and non-DSA systems.
- Interprets and monitors compliance with applicable codes, standards, guides, and contractual requirements for nuclear ventilation systems (e.g. ASHRAE, ASME AG-1, ASME N509, ASME N510, DOE-HDBK-1169, DOE-G 420.1-1A, DOE-STD-3020, etc.); approves designs and installation of commercial or custom equipment, assemblies, or materials.
- Permits alternate methods where it is assured that equivalent objectives can be achieved by establishing and maintaining effective safety equal to or exceeding established codes, regulations, and standards.
- Prepares Facility Modifications, Field Change Notices, Engineering Change Responses, drawings, and sketches as required.
-Performs or participates in Design Reviews, Equivalency Evaluations, and Commercial Grade/Legacy Item Dedications as assigned.
- Consults with cognizant experts in other areas before a decision is reached on items outside their expertise, such as fire, nuclear safety, ES&H, etc.
- Prepares designs, documents, and procedures; ensures that the complexity is appropriate for the application; maintains knowledge and configuration management of as-builts SSCs.
- Assists other organizations as directed by the Engineering Manager.
Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management Systems guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possesses executive ability as is required for performance of the position and has through experience and/or education, the knowledge of standards and work practices used in the installation, operations, construction, testing, and maintenance of mechanical/nuclear ventilation equipment and systems.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of job related experience
- 3+ years of nuclear/DOE experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to obtain a government clearance