[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
POSITION TITLE: BUYER
Prepares, reviews, and issues high value procurement proposals to include planning and executing all necessary transactions, identifying and resolving complex customer and supplier issues, and preparing and analyzing all necessary supporting documentation. Researches and participates in the development of complex technical specifications and requirements. Develops and maintains reliable and cost competitive sources of supply.
The responsibilities provided below are intended to describe the primary elements of the job as a whole and not describe any one position in its entirety.
• Safety is a primary responsibility in each job performed. Obtain safety training, obey safety rules, and make safety an integral part of each task. Take the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition.
• Keep up-to-date on policies, procedures and processes to ensure procurement files are in compliance with SRR and SRS site procedures.
• Review and make recommended changes to SRR procurement policies and procedures to ensure consistency and clarity.
• Prepare, review, issue, negotiate and administer procurement packages in accordance with established policies and procedures; identify and resolve customers and suppliers problematic concerns while effecting competitive sources of supply to the highest practical extent possible.
• Participate in specific training; attend meetings and lessons learned for procurement buyers.
• Review and approve sole source justifications and emergency requisitions.
• Review all procurement correspondence prior to issuance to subcontractor or supplier.
• Review subcontracts prior to issuance to the Department of Energy for Notice to Proceed and Consent to Award.
• Review procurement forms used to document transactions to ensure consistency of operations or preclude procedural conflicts with other functional organizations.
• Conduct market surveys, administer lease subcontracts, and negotiate lease agreements.
• Plan and execute sound, logical and achievable purchase strategies and long term procurement programs to provide solutions to complex acquisition problems.
• Resolve recurring supplier problems involving payments, quality and delivery.
• Develop and maintain reliable and cost competitive sources of supply, while supporting the socioeconomic policies set forth by Savannah River Remediation (SRR) and the Department of Energy (DOE).
• Administer existing purchase orders/subcontracts including the review of invoices to ensure 100% compliance to purchase order/subcontract terms and conditions for invoice submittals.
• Identify and resolve often significant differences between SRR and supplier objectives as well as customer requirements.