[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Individuals will work remotely. Project slated to start in June and extend until November time frame. Travel is minimal with potential for site visit.
Job Description: Candidate will be relied upon to perform a variety of engineering and design activities involving scoping I&C systems upgrades for nuclear power plants, both safety- and non-safety-related. The individual will be responsible for planning, organizing and preparing scoping studies, writing procurement specifications, evaluating bids and platforms and shall be capable of independently evaluating, selecting and using standards, techniques, procedures and criteria for technical projects. The position will require interfacing and coordinating with multiple groups as well as with the customer’s representatives.
Education Required: BS in electrical, nuclear, computer or process/controls engineering from an accredited engineering program that includes course work in analog and digital control systems.
Experience Required: 3-8 years of experience with at least 3 of those years with digital/ analog controls systems for a commercial nuclear plant is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, is required.
• Ability to pass security and drug screening and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access.
• Experience with power plant system instrumentation and control strategies and must have technical knowledge of legacy equipment and an understanding of digital control systems design that are based on the latest digital platforms.
• Familiar with codes and standards applicable to the nuclear power industry as well as possess a knowledge of applicable NRC regulations.
• Experience in the nuclear power industry and actual field experience on nuclear plant projects.
• Knowledge of cyber security requirements and mitigation strategies.