[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity for our customer in Los Alamos, New Mexico for the LANL Facility
What You Will Do
Contribute to a dynamic team of facility engineering professionals that provide engineering solutions across a wide variety of buildings at one of the most important research facilities in the world. This posting is for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Develop Contract Documents consisting of drawings and specifications to define changes to buildings and infrastructure.
• Effectively communicate engineering solutions both verbally and in writing for management, customers, peers, and craft personnel.
• Expert knowledge of Engineering principles and procedures, design guides, appropriate standards, and administrative practices.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment as a member of a multi-discipline team of engineers and designers Expert knowledge of engineering systems and calculations, applications of engineering methods, and application of technology aided engineering tools to conventional and non-conventional facility and operations-based engineering problems.
• Perform work in accordance with the Conduct of Engineering (CoE) and applicable Federal, State, and Laboratory codes and standards.
• Represent the design agency through interface and coordination with other engineering disciplines and the customer’s representative during design and construction.
• Obtain, evaluate and compare equipment selections from manufacturer’s representatives.
• Expert knowledge of engineering maintenance techniques and construction methodologies.
• Expert knowledge of project and process engineering practices.
Mentor junior-level design engineers to perform the requirements described above.
Education/Experience at lower level: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years of relevant experience implementing the requirements described above.
Professional Engineering License
Ability to produce designs utilizing AutoCAD tools and work processes.
Q Clearance – Required – Must have the ability to obtain/maintain
4/10 - ANY DAY OFF
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers