[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Lead Commissioning Engineer to join our team supporting the SSCVS Project at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant in Carlsbad, NM, which provides integral mission support to the NNSA. The ideal candidate to lead this has previous DOE Start-Up/Commissioning experience and a good understanding of engineering principles and NQA-1 requirements.
The Safety Significant Confinement Ventilation System (SSCVS) is key to restoring full operations at the WIPP facility and will be the largest containment fan system among DOE facilities and the largest construction project at WIPP in close to 30 years. This project signifies improvement for the WIPP facility to support the DOE's mission of nuclear waste cleanup by providing a modern air supply system designed to run continuously in unfiltered or HEPA filtration mode.
This position is full-time and will serve on-site at the WIPP Site in Carlsbad, NM.
About the site: https://www.wipp.energy.gov/
**Please Note: For non-local candidates, GSA Per Diem / Relocation Assistance is available for this role.
• Act in the capacity as the SSCVS Commissioning Lead.
• Provide oversite responsibility for commissioning and testing under the direction of the SSCVS Project Manager.
• Lead the SSCVS project team in the commissioning and testing of the SSCVS project and provide support to the NWP WIPP Operations Start-up team.
• Coordinate and oversee the construction subcontractor’s commissioning and testing efforts.
• Review subcontractor commissioning test plans and provide oversite of the Compliance Matrix.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or closely related discipline.
• 10+ years of related experience in DOE Start-Up and/or Commissioning.
• PE/PMP license, preferred.
• Must be able to walk up to one-half mile to remote work location in the mine, if needed.
• Knowledgeable of application of NQA-1 requirements is preferred.
• Must be able to multitask and coordinate other technical professionals while maintaining a safe and professional demeanor.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with frequently changing schedule and priorities.
• Must be able to manage tasks and priorities to meet schedule and cost goals while maintaining and promoting a safe and professional work environment.
• Must be able to promote a positive environment for peers and subordinates.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a government-issued security clearance, if necessary.
• Due to the nature of the work, a U.S. Citizenship is required.