[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified candidates to perform the following:
Prepares, reviews, and issues high value procurement proposals to include planning and executing all necessary transactions, identifying and resolving complex customer and supplier issues, and preparing and analyzing all necessary supporting documentation. Researches and participates in the development of complex technical specifications and requirements. Develops and maintains reliable and cost competitive sources of supply.
Prepare, review, issue, negotiate and administer procurement packages in accordance with established policies and procedures; identify and resolve customers and suppliers problematic concerns while effecting competitive sources of supply to the highest practical extent possible.
• Participate in specific training; attend meetings and lessons learned for procurement buyers.
• Review and approve sole source justifications and emergency requisitions.
• Review all procurement correspondence prior to issuance to subcontractor or supplier.
• Review subcontracts prior to issuance to the Department of Energy for Notice to Proceed and Consent to Award.
• Review procurement forms used to document transactions to ensure consistency of operations or preclude procedural conflicts with other functional organizations.
• Conduct market surveys, administer lease subcontracts, and negotiate lease agreements.
• Plan and execute sound, logical and achievable purchase strategies and long term procurement programs to provide solutions to complex acquisition problems.
• Resolve recurring supplier problems involving payments, quality and delivery.
• Develop and maintain reliable and cost competitive sources of supply, while supporting the socioeconomic policies set forth by Savannah River Remediation (SRR) and the Department of Energy (DOE).
• Administer existing purchase orders/subcontracts including the review of invoices to ensure 100% compliance to purchase order/subcontract terms and conditions for invoice submittals.
• Identify and resolve often significant differences between SRR and supplier objectives as well as customer requirements.
Work with the Subcontract Technical Representatives (STRs) on subcontract activities that may include resolution of issues raised by STRs, DOE, management, subcontractors, program compliance, procedures development, and training.
Bachelors degree with emphasis in Business, Economics or Management; MBA, MS or CPM certification a plus.
• Buyer indoctrination training once in position.
5+ years experience in procurement; at least 3-5 years of direct and federal related procurement experience with demonstrated knowledge and experience in subcontract terms and conditions, and negotiations; procurement file review, knowledge of procurement procedures and processes; skilled in computer usage and procurement systems; demonstrate understanding and experience of government and/or commercial sector procurement; knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations (DEAR), or other agency regulations oriented toward procurement of goods and services in a complex environment; knowledge of codes and standards, Davis Bacon Act and general construction operations; and familiarity with best value purchasing, and experience with Federal government socioeconomic programs / prior procurement experience with a DOE Contractor preferred.
Estimated duration: 1 year with a one year option
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.