[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
On behalf of our client, a nuclear technology company, we are currently looking for Test Engineer. It’s a remote contract role with possible travel in the future.
The Quality Assurance Engineer reports directly to the QA Project Manager. This position is responsible for Quality Assurance Engineering activities of advanced reactor program. The ideal candidate will have QA experience in both DOE 10 CFR 830 (subpart A) / DOE O 414.1D and NRC 10 CFR 50, Appendix B regulated environments. Successful candidate should be an NQA-1 Certified Lead Auditor (ATL) and have extensive experience with evaluation and qualification of NQA-1 Suppliers and commercial supply chain experience. Experience with industry codes, standards and guides such as ASME, AWS, AISC, ASTM, EPRI, NEI, ISO, NEC and IEEE are strongly desired.
• Review of customer and regulatory contracts and develop baseline requirements matrix/documents.
• Interface with customer and supplier QA representatives and provide solutions to technical and compliance issues.
• Support Quality Manager in guiding Quality for the project
• Plan, develop and implement project specific Project Quality Plan (PQP).
• Evaluation and Qualification of Suppliers and Partners.
• Plan and perform internal and external (supplier) audits and surveillances.
• Plan and perform commercial grade item (CGD) surveys of commercial suppliers.
• Coordinate and host Customer and Regulator audits, surveillances and visits
• Review and revise QA processes and procedures.
• Perform Supplier and Internal Audits as a certified Lead Auditor (ATL).
• Review quality affecting procedures (engineering, procurement, document control, records, testing, etc.)
• Review procurement specifications, purchase orders, contracts, task orders and agreements for flow-down of quality assurance requirements
• Review design drawings, specifications, test plans/procedures, and other technical documents for quality assurance requirements using a graded approach to quality when applicable.
Key Qualifications and Skills
• B.S. degree in a technical discipline, business, management, or quality assurance field; or equivalent experience
• 10+ years’ experience in a nuclear (NRC, DOE) Quality Assurance function preferred or in a regulated environment such as, EPA, aerospace, or similar industries.
• Current certification as NQA-1 Lead Auditor or other industry recognized certification or the ability to be certified within one year of hire.
• Military experience is a plus.
• The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
• Understanding concepts of Configuration Management.
• Ability to communicate clearly and maintain good working relationship with peers and Customers of all technical levels.
• Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task, good problem-solving skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.