[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for Project Controls Specialists with the following qualifications:
The position of Project Controls Manager reviews and analyzes project scheduling/costing and project related information for matrixed projects to which they are assigned. Utilizing Project Management and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) methodologies in compliance with DOE O413.3B, the Project Controls Manager is responsible for in-depth review, analysis, and reporting of project cost, schedule and risk throughout the project life cycle including: initiation, planning, execution, and closeout. Responsibilities include ensuring project compliance with the DOE Certified Earned Value Management System, identifying the root causes for cost and schedule variances, evaluating trends to mitigate project cost and schedule risk.
Input and configuration control of project specific schedule and cost information into the master project resource loaded schedule in line with the most current government and industry requirements and guidelines for EVM implementation to ensure compliance with client's Project Management System.
* Collection and update of project status as reported by project line management on a monthly basis and as needed.
* Change Management - Preparation and execution of project change requests.
* Provision of up to date cost, schedule, and variance status information, and modeling of proposed alternatives and options as proposed by the project manager as needed.
* Thorough independent review and analysis of project schedules for proper sequence, logical relationships, and critical path analysis.
* In-depth review and analysis of project performance providing clear results of variances and identification of specific task(s) causing them.
Project cost and schedule risk analysis/identification of potential schedule and cost issues. Proactively informing Project management of potential risks and problems and proposal of resolutions with sufficient time to mitigate the impact(s).
* Update and review of project documentation, provision of charts, graphs and presentation materials and status reports as needed.
* Contribution to the development of the organizationís project management/earned value policies. Maintaining functional proficiency through participation in earned value and project reviews.
* Provide review of proposed projects and what-if analysis using data mining techniques from historical project cost, schedule, and performance archives.
* Bachelorís degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
* 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience analyzing project performance management or the equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
* 5 years of experience implementing EVMS project controls.
* 5 years of experience with Primavera scheduling software, or equivalent.
* Experience in Deltek Cobra, Deltek Acumen Fuse and Acumen Risk In-depth knowledge of Project Management concepts.
* CAPM and/or PMI-SP preferred.
Duration: 6+ months
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.