[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Distribution Lineman Field Manager
Responsible for energy transmission and distribution strategy and operations to ensure safe, reliable, stable and economic power delivery systems. Plans, manages, schedules and operates the transmission, substation, distribution and metering functions to meet customer needs for power through crew coordination, grid operations, interconnection services, utility and strategic asset management and field management.
Provides oversight to field transmission and distribution employees in safely installing, maintaining and repairing the power delivery system.
Supervises a team of technical represented staff (typically journeymen or equivalent) responsible for performing operational work to ensure the safe, timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance and emergency restoration of the electric transmission and distribution system; partners with supervisor, Field Operations, to provide daily supervision of team, ensuring that all relevant standards/procedures are followed.
Visits crews in field; observes prejob and postjob briefings; provides on-the-spot coaching and feedback related to field work; verifies prejob conditions; serves as a liaison between other departments and field crews; removes barriers to ensure field crews can complete work in a timely manner; provides work authorization and a point of escalation for field crews.
Observes employees to ensure they are following all safety rules; conducts field visits to ensure team members have the appropriate tools and equipment to perform work safely; resolves safety issues/concerns in an appropriate and timely manner; communicates safety lessons learned and promotes continuous learning of safe work methods, practices and procedures.
Ensures work is performed in accordance with all union contracts and agreements; responds to questions and concerns from crews regarding union work rules; serves as a liaison between field crews and Labor Relations/Human Resources; resolves issues or concerns while in the field.
Observes and monitors work to ensure timely completion; conducts visits and field observations to ensure team members have the appropriate tools and resources to perform the work; monitors progress and ensures work is completed to regulatory and PGE standards; adapts work goals or expectations to meet changing business requirements or working conditions.
Coordinates jobs with other PGE departments and forms strong cross-functional working relationships in coordinating activities and expediting information and material sharing; provides companywide subject matter expertise for area supervised; leads, coordinates or participates in special projects.
Coordinates jobs with customers; provides timely information to all customers; is responsive and proactive in addressing all customer concerns and complaints in a timely and responsive manner.
Enforces crew compliance with federal, state and company laws, standards and requirements.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
· Advanced knowledge of utility operations, including tools and equipment.
· Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures related to area of specialization (service and installation or substation, for example).
· Advanced knowledge of crew functions and duties related to area of specialization.
· Advanced knowledge of tools and equipment used in PGE meter operations.
· Advanced knowledge of vehicle, equipment and tool functional limits related to line construction.
· Advanced knowledge of PUC requirements for construction, repair and service work.
· Advanced knowledge of safe construction methods and PGE's standards of construction.
· Advanced knowledge of PGE's electric service requirements, National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electric Code (NEC).
· Advanced knowledge of all PGE and Oregon OSHA safety rules.
· Advanced knowledge of personal protective equipment.
· Intermediate knowledge of department policies, practices, goals and objectives.
· Working knowledge of applicable collective bargaining agreement(s).
· Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, such as, but not limited to, DOT, ODOT, FERC and OPUC.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, customer information systems and other PGE systems.
· Working knowledge of PGE’s geographic service area.
· Working knowledge of PUC meter and billing requirements (level of expertise needed depends on area of specialization).
· Working knowledge of tailboard process and risk mitigation.
About Day & Zimmermann
Day & Zimmermann is a century-old, family-owned company whose 21,000 employees specialize in construction & engineering, staffing and defense solutions for leading corporations and governments around the world. Operating from more than 150 worldwide locations with 2.2 Billion USD in revenue, Day & Zimmermann is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by Forbes. Founded in 1901 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, our first work was to develop "Betterment Reports" that helped modernize American factories. Today, we are still in the business of betterment -- maintaining the nation's power infrastructure, protecting American freedoms and driving technological advancements around the world. We do what we say.® http://www.dayzim.com
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.